Student Counselling and Planning
Please take some time to complete this registration form. You may then be required to complete some online assessments prior to your consultation, but don’t worry; we will talk you through every step of the way.
If you have any questions about completing this form, or anything else, please get in touch. We’re here to help.
LAST UPDATED: March 2017
1. In providing services to you, we may collect and hold your personal information (which we will endeavor to
protect and keep confidential as far as possible including by storing it securely) including information about your:
a. Name and contact details
b. Interactions with us
c. Career and work history
d. Career orientated assessment data
e. Billing and payment details
2. We collect your personal information in order to:
a. Ensure we can be in contact with and provide services to you
b. At times discuss information with an external provider (e.g. employer, educational institution, or lawyer) on your behalf or in order to provide services to you.
3. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have the right to request access to any personal information held by us and to ask for this to be corrected if it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at:
email@example.com or phone +64 7 393 2424 or write to PO Box 1493, Rotorua 3040.
4. You authorise us (without further reference to you) to destroy all files and documents in relation to providing services to you, seven years after our engagement ends.
Terms and Conditions
LAST UPDATED: March 2017
1. Career counselling typically promotes change for you as the client. However, you dictate any change you choose to make in your life or career, on your terms.
2. All services and communication, email or otherwise, delivered by Goal Digger, as well as information set forth on this website are meant to help you identify the areas in your life and in your thinking that may be standing in your way. You understand and agree that you will not hold Goal Digger liable for any of your career decisions that you make as a direct or indirect result of the programme you engage in with us. Moreover, career counselling is not professional mental health care or medical care. If you feel psychologically stressed to the point that it is interfering with your ability to function, please have the courage to seek the help you need in the form of a professional counsellor. If the career practitioner believes that you should seek medical help, he/she may refer you to another professional to assist you.
3. Goal Digger, its employees, officers and agents do not accept any liability for the results of any action taken in reliance upon, based on or in connection with any documentation or the information provided in any workshop or counselling programme. Goal Digger does not accept responsibility for the actions of any third party, or for the content of any third party website links, promotional material or information provided by it on behalf of any third party.
4. In providing career counselling services to you, Goal Digger undertakes to act professionally and ethically, and to:
a. hold strictly confidential all communications held with you, and all information that we receive from you during the course of our dealings;
b. work for you conscientiously. In return we request your full and timely co-operation to help us to assist you;
c. ensure we understand your expectations and are clear on how your needs will be met;
d. communicate with you throughout the counselling process.
4. As a Goal Digger client, we will only communicate with you regarding career counselling, unless you authorise us to communicate with anyone else (for example with a parent, caregiver or other sponsor).
5. Goal Digger will invoice you at the rate agreed, either on a monthly basis, at the conclusion of career counselling, or after delivery of a group workshop, or otherwise by agreement. Full payment is required within seven working days of the invoice date and can be made via Internet banking, cash or cheque.
6. Goal Digger carries out preliminary work to prepare for career counselling sessions. If you need to postpone and reschedule an individual appointment or group workshop, you must provide at least 48 hours notice. Where this notice is not given, Goal Digger reserves the right to charge a $50 cancellation fee for missed or cancelled individual appointments, and 50% of the full price of group workshops.
7. Goal Digger, its employees, officers and agents are not financial advisors and do not provide any financial advice. It is important that you seek your own financial advice before proceeding with any change in your circumstances.
8. All intellectual property rights, including copyright, in materials and information used or created by Goal Digger in the course of providing career counselling services to you belong to Goal Digger. Goal Digger’s material and information must not be copied, modified, re-used or reproduced without Goal Digger’s expressed consent.
9. Goal Digger may elect to discontinue working with you at any time, at its discretion, with notice to you.
10. To the extent possible, Goal Digger, its employees, officers and agents, disclaim all liability in respect of services provided to you including as may arise due to any errors and omissions contained in any documentation. Any liability for negligence, breach of contract and statutory duty is limited to the cost of the services you have purchased.
11. Goal Digger’s relationship with you is governed by New Zealand law and New Zealand courts have nonexclusive jurisdiction.
12. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by a court or other competent authority to be invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that provision is limited or eliminated to the minimum extent so that these terms otherwise remain in full effect. If we do not exercise or enforce any right available to us under these terms and conditions, it does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
13. If you are not satisfied with the services provided by Goal Digger, we would like to understand your concerns and work to address these if possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.