Position/Job Descriptions & Person Specifications
In New Zealand it is a requirement that there is some form of written information describing what an employee’s role is.
Whist developing these documents may seem like an onerous task, the benefit can certainly pay off for your business.
Having a formalised position document is the bones to developing great staff and boosting retention.
Person specifications outline what is required of a person to fulfill a job. What qualifications do they need, experience, skills etc. As potential employees know themselves best, they will be able to identify if they have the capabilities to be successful.
If you want to hire staff professionally, or create structure within your existing team, talk to us about how we can help.
How an accurate Job Description Helps
- It allows for better recruitment in the first instance
- Allows you to benchmark and keep tabs on performance
- Ensures employees really understand their role and empowers them to develop and grow. They will know what is expected of them and how their work will be evaluated
- Makes all roles within the organisational structure clear, ensuring better use of resources, better productivity, and leadership.
- It is easier to develop or identify personal development/training opportunities
- Have a reference tool for any employee/employer disputes
Get it Sorted!Talk to us about organising clear and accurate Job Descriptions for your current and future employees.
If you think you could benefit from a career practitioner, please get in touch. We are only too happy to discuss how we can work for you.